Community Forums

Thread: Error 1628 - Failed to extract ISRT.dll, error is 2

Error 1628 - Failed to extract ISRT.dll, error is 2

A user reported a 1628 error. I had the user generate a log file of the install which produced the following results:

=== Verbose logging started: 5/29/2002 11:10:03 Build type: SHIP ANSI 2.00.2600.02 Calling process: C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\INSTALLSHIELD\DRIVER\7\INTEL 32\IDRIVER.EXE ===
    === Logging started: 5/29/2002 11:10:03 ===
    1: 7.03.318.0
    1: InstallShield Install driver started, version:7.03.318.0
    1: Package Path: C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations\Pristine ESP.msi
    1: Command Line: /verbose"c:\espins.log" /v /v"SETUPEXEDIR=\"C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\""
    1: Extract supporting files
    1: Failed to extract ISRT.dll, error is 2
    1: Failed to extract support files, error is 2
    === Verbose logging stopped: 5/29/2002 11:10:03 ===

Does anybody know what can be causing this error?

Thanks,
    -Jarred Froman

I know that this bug appears on Win9x/Me machines if a reboot is made using System(SYS_BOOTMACHINE) or the RebootDialog with the SYS_BOOTMACHINE parameter. It is a bug and I have discussed this problem with IS developers. They have found and corrected the bug. When a patch is available is unknown to me but the next patch will most likely contain a fix for this problem.

The workaround I use in the mean time is that I don't call System(SYS_BOOTMACHINE) if the target system is Win9x/Me. In that case I launch a simple exe-file that I made that waits for IDeriver.exe to terminate before rebooting the machine through a call to the WinAPI ExitWindowsEx(EWX_REBOOT | EWX_FORCE, 0).

Is there a manual process that we can walk the user through to get our application installed in the meantime until we make modifications to our install process or an update is provided?

Thanks,
    -Jarred Froman