Community Forums

Thread: Demox and Netscape 6.2

nigelvt Guest

Demox and Netscape 6.2

Hi

Can anyone tell me why my demx presentation in Netscape 6.2 just shows a black rectangle.

Oh I am using DemoShield 6.7

Nigel

If your DemoX build is on an ftp server you will not be able to view the presentation via Netscape 6. It will appear as a black box on the screen.

Try uploading your files to a standard web server to see if this corrects the issue.

I hope this helps.
    Kim Haffey
    DemoShield Technical Support

nigelvt Guest
    Thanks Kim

I am using 6.7 and the link produced by the standard demo page loads the old plugin. This one is not loaded by Netscape. Is there a link to automatically load the new plugin?

Thanks again
    Nigel

You will need to load the DemoShield 6.7 plugin for use with a 6.7 DemoX distribution. You can edit the source code that was generated for your build to grab the Demoxplug.exe from the distribution build on your server. The line of code to edit should look something like this:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">
    If you don't already have the <a href="http://www.companyname.com/directory/demoxplug.exe ">

DemoX Client</a>, download the Client installer file now then double-click it to install the Client on your system. After the Client installation is complete, click</font>

I hope this helps.
    Kim Haffey
    DemoShield Technical Support