Community Forums

Thread: Error -5001 : 0x80070002 after prerequisite reboot

Error -5001 : 0x80070002 after prerequisite reboot

InstallShield version 2018 SP1.

After running into this problem I created a new Installscript build with only one change. I added the prerequisite .NET Framework 4.7.1. Everything else is defaults and I created the build.

Upon installation on Windows Server 2008 R2, the prereq is installed and it asks for a reboot, I say yes.

After the reboot the setup tries to continue. But the only thing that shows up is this error. See attached photo.

I believe this may occur with any prereq that requires a mid-install reboot, but haven't had enough time to test that theory. I HAVE, however, tried different .NET prereqs, all with the same error after reboot.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dave

Error -5001 : 0x80070002 after prerequisite reboot

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf32 View Post
    InstallShield version 2018 SP1.

After running into this problem I created a new Installscript build with only one change. I added the prerequisite .NET Framework 4.7.1. Everything else is defaults and I created the build.

Upon installation on Windows Server 2008 R2, the prereq is installed and it asks for a reboot, I say yes.

After the reboot the setup tries to continue. But the only thing that shows up is this error. See attached photo.

I believe this may occur with any prereq that requires a mid-install reboot, but haven't had enough time to test that theory. I HAVE, however, tried different .NET prereqs, all with the same error after reboot.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Hi lonewolf32,

Work-around for this issue could be relaunching the setup after restart,if it seems a reasonable bug you can contact InstallShield/Flexera support

Thanks,
    Jenifer