Community Forums

Thread: Digital Signing bug

Exclamation Digital Signing bug

I have found an issue/bug in InstallShield Professional 2018SP1 where setting the "Sign Output Files" option to "Setup.exe and Media Header" the media header file (Data1.hdr) is not digitally signed as requested.

Unfortunately I am unable to find anywhere on the Flexera website to report bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal71 View Post
    I have found an issue/bug in InstallShield Professional 2018SP1 where setting the "Sign Output Files" option to "Setup.exe and Media Header" the media header file (Data1.hdr) is not digitally signed as requested.

Unfortunately I am unable to find anywhere on the Flexera website to report bugs.
    Hi ,

Windows doesn't know how to sign media header files(.hdr),to get that working you may need to opt for "Generate One Click" via release wizard using .spc/.pvk files.

Following are filtered lines from InstallShield helpnet link:http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/i...SigningTab.htm

"Specify which files you want to be signed. Available options are:

• Media Header—To sign only your media header file (Data1.hdr), select this option.
    This option is available for InstallScript projects.

• Setup.exe and Media Header—To sign your Setup.exe file and your media header file (Data1.hdr), select this option.
    This option is available for InstallScript projects.

Project: InstallShield does not support using .pfx files to sign media header files (.hdr files), which are used for the One-Click Install type of installation for InstallScript projects. For this type of installation, consider one of the following alternatives:

• Use .spc and .pvk files instead of a .pfx file for your digital signature.
    • Build a compressed installation, which would enable you to sign with a .pfx file."

Hope this helps,
    Thanks,
    Jenifer