Community Forums

Thread: Can I set a Registry Key (Branch) from a Property Value?

Can I set a Registry Key (Branch) from a Property Value?

I have multiple version releases in one ISM file, each with its own version number.

Each version stores its registry in a version key (branch/folder) like this:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Company/ProductName/10.0
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Company/ProductName/11.0
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Company/ProductName/12.0
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Company/ProductName/13.0
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Company/ProductName/14.0
    • etc.

Each version has the same elements. I currently have a separate Component with the registry settings for each version, which is a hassle to keep in synch when changes occur.

Can I have one registry component and designate the version key as a property that's assigned for each release? Thanks.
    Last edited by DataAnalyzer; 06-27-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Can I set a Registry Key (Branch) from a Property Value?

Hi DataAnalyzer,

Yes,you can.For example, if you would like to store the destination location of your software, create a registry value whose data is [INSTALLDIR].

Please refer this link:http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/i...itingProps.htm

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Jenifer View Post
    Hi DataAnalyzer,

Yes,you can.For example, if you would like to store the destination location of your software, create a registry value whose data is [INSTALLDIR].

Please refer this link:http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/i...itingProps.htm

Thanks,
    Thanks Jenifer. I may have confused you with my request. I'm not seeking to save a property value in the registry. I have that working.

I want to change the KEY name and make that dependent on a property value. Rather than having a bunch of components with registry settings for different keys, I'd like to have something like this:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Company/ProductName/[RELEASE_VERSION]

where each release can set its RELEASE_VERSION value. Is that possible?