Community Forums

Thread: How to deal with Bootroom system?

ndphuong Guest

How to deal with Bootroom system?

Are you familiar with Bootroom techonogy (BootRoom.jpg)? It is very popular in China and Malaysia. The system contains a server and connects with many client computers without hard disk via LAN. So how does Flexnet deal with this issue if using HostidDiskSernum as lc_hostid Parameter?

Thanks,
    Phuong
    Attached Images Attached Images  

for diskless nodes how would lc_hostid with DISK_SER_NUM is supposed to work?

Probably you mean about the diskless network, where we can either have a dedicated network storage or router storage , which means that each client doesn't have its own disk volume but shares (or not) a networked storage which boot through PXE.

From my experiance, i havn't seen any notifications from Flexera about this. But i believe a carefully choosen licensing model should work with FNP and diskless environment.

Howover the DISK_SER_NUM is used only in case to distinguish in between different clients, (becasue VSN are supposed to be unique). I am not sure how would using this particular attribute will help you. You might wanna try with either IP address or FQDN.

Regards,
    Abhay