Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SAP Optimization /n/licman/offline

Question SAP Optimization /n/licman/offline

Hi Experts,

as part of SAP optimization in FNMS to import the XML recommendations for SAP independent systems the User manual recommends running /n/licman/offline to process the recommendations offline and accept , deny and then apply the recommendations.

When the user is trying to run /n /licman/offline SAP systems do not accept the command.

Can somebody elaborate on how the SAP optimization XML file can be imported into a SAP independent system and the recommendations applied.

Regards
    Bhanu

You should import the satellite transport request in an independent SAP system to make the /n/licman/offline transaction available.

Another thing is make sure you input the correct tcode exactly as /n/licman/offline. There is no space after the /n as shown in your example.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrinton View Post
    You should import the satellite transport request in an independent SAP system to make the /n/licman/offline transaction available.

Another thing is make sure you input the correct tcode exactly as /n/licman/offline. There is no space after the /n as shown in your example.
    I am not sure if satellite transport has been installed. how do i ensure / validate if this is installed.

Quote Originally Posted by nagabhanu View Post
    I am not sure if satellite transport has been installed. how do i ensure / validate if this is installed.
    The SAM Basis team should be able to check this. The transport request name normally like ‘E7AK90****’. Or the team can simply check if function module /LICMAN/BS_READ_TABLE exists in that independent SAP system or not. If not, ask the SAP Basis team to import it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cgrinton View Post
    The SAM Basis team should be able to check this. The transport request name normally like ‘E7AK90****’. Or the team can simply check if function module /LICMAN/BS_READ_TABLE exists in that independent SAP system or not. If not, ask the SAP Basis team to import it.
    I had inherited this environment and i was presuming here. And further to your inputs, i went ahead and cross checked and noticed that they have not imported the SAP basis / Satellite roles on the systems. So working on this. I will also have this double checked with the SAP admins if the function / module is enabled on the independent system after applying the role.

Regards
    Bhanu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast