Community Forums

Thread: Upgradation issue: Command Line arguments not resolved properly by IS2016SP1

Exclamation Upgradation issue: Command Line arguments not resolved properly by IS2016SP1

Hello Friends,

I recently upgraded my IS2015 project to IS2016SP1 and started facing all sorts of problem while installing various packages:
    One of the package - (SQL server 2014) it started failing. With IS2015 build, it works but with IS2016SP1 build it fails. When i compared the log files from both the builds, this is what found:

WORKING BUILD:
    EXE parcel resolved command line: /SKIPRULES=RebootRequiredCheck /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS /Q /INSTANCENAME="MSSQLSERVER" /ACTION="Install" /UpdateEnabled="False" /FEATURES=SQLENGINE,RS,IS,SSMS,ADV_SSMS /HELP="False" /INDICATEPROGRESS="False" /ERRORREPORTING="False" /SQMREPORTING="False" /SQLSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Automatic" /FILESTREAMLEVEL="0" /SQLSYSADMINACCOUNTS="BUILTIN\Administrators" /ISSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" /TCPENABLED="1" /NPENABLED="0" /SQLSVCACCOUNT="BLaBla" /SQLSVCPASSWORD="**********" /SQLSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Automatic" /RSSVCACCOUNT="BlahBlah" /RSSVCPASSWORD="**********" /RSSVCStartupType="Automatic" /HIDECONSOLE

FAILING BUILD:
    EXE parcel resolved command line: **********

The command lines arguments which i am trying to pass on to the SQL setup.exe are getting converted to **********

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Please help.
    Last edited by dinesh_redhawk; 08-10-2017 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dinesh_redhawk View Post
    Hello Friends,

I recently upgraded my IS2015 project to IS2016SP1 and started facing all sorts of problem while installing various packages:
    One of the package - (SQL server 2014) it started failing. With IS2015 build, it works but with IS2016SP1 build it fails. When i compared the log files from both the builds, this is what found:

WORKING BUILD:
    EXE parcel resolved command line: /SKIPRULES=RebootRequiredCheck /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS /Q /INSTANCENAME="MSSQLSERVER" /ACTION="Install" /UpdateEnabled="False" /FEATURES=SQLENGINE,RS,IS,SSMS,ADV_SSMS /HELP="False" /INDICATEPROGRESS="False" /ERRORREPORTING="False" /SQMREPORTING="False" /SQLSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Automatic" /FILESTREAMLEVEL="0" /SQLSYSADMINACCOUNTS="BUILTIN\Administrators" /ISSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" /TCPENABLED="1" /NPENABLED="0" /SQLSVCACCOUNT="BLaBla" /SQLSVCPASSWORD="**********" /SQLSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Automatic" /RSSVCACCOUNT="BlahBlah" /RSSVCPASSWORD="**********" /RSSVCStartupType="Automatic" /HIDECONSOLE

FAILING BUILD:
    EXE parcel resolved command line: **********

The command lines arguments which i am trying to pass on to the SQL setup.exe are getting converted to **********

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Please help.
    Solution:
    The way installshield 2016 reads the properties is different then the way IS2015 used to read.
    So you we replaced the properties with the hardcoded strings and it started working. And the ************ was due to ISHiddenProperties. But FYI, the ISHiddenproperties also donot work properly on IS2016 as it fails to hide the properties in logs after system reboot and resume installation.