Community Forums

Thread: ISHiddenProperties not working after system reboot - Suite Installer

Exclamation ISHiddenProperties not working after system reboot - Suite Installer

Hello Friends,

ISHiddenProperties properly works when you start your installation. But when you need to reboot your system [such as cases after installing SQL], when next time the installation resumes again all the hidden properties values will be displayed in the log files

Any solution for this? please suggest.

thanks

Guys,

Any help on this? waiting for some suggestions.

Thanks

I am surprised that after reboot the logging continues. I do not see this in my installers.
    However, my installers have migrated from IS2012 to IS2016 and so may be missing something that handles this.

That being said, this sounds like a bug. Do you have a maintenance plan with InstallShield? If so I would create a small project that replicates the problem, and submit a ticket to InstallShield with the project that reproduces the problem.

In IS2012 and 2013, there wasn't even a ISHiddenProperty option. So to handle passwords, I had to use a temporary password that would be exposed in logging, but have a custom action that would alter login and set the appropriate sql password. I still have this method in place today and it has worked reliably since 2013 when we deployed the application.
    Last edited by DLee65; 09-06-2017 at 02:03 PM.
    Regards,
    Dan Lee

Release Engineer