Hi All,

I have written a wrapper to signtool.exe that actually signs the msi using our organisations custom sign tool during IS build process.
The signing works fine but later towards the end of IS build, I get the below error:

Started signing certificate.msi ...
ISDEV : error -6258: An error occurred extracting digital signature information from file "<Path to my .msi>". Make sure the digital signature information provided in the IDE is correct.
Started signing <my .msi> ...
ISDEV : error -6258: An error occurred extracting digital signature information from file "<Path to my .msi>". Make sure the digital signature information provided in the IDE is correct.
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming '<Path to .isc>' into setup.exe

The concern here is my organisation is not willing to share new pfx certs for signing as they want the signing to happen using our custom signing tool.
So i have provided a sample .pfx here.

The question that I wanted to bring forward is: the error says "error -6258: An error occurred extracting digital signature information from file", I suppose this happens as the IS is trying to verify the signing done using the pfx provided.
I would like to know which exe is getting invoked internally to verify the same so that I can write a wrapper for the same as well.

Note: I tried my luck on signtool.exe, signcode.exe, signswid.exe and iSign.exe but did not help out.
IS Version: IS 2013 Premier Edition with Virtualization Pack.

Kindly help me through.