Community Forums

Thread: AdvanceUI Installshield 2015 Project, how to write userdefined cmd line paramaters??

AdvanceUI Installshield 2015 Project, how to write userdefined cmd line paramaters??

Hi,

I have a AdvanceUI Project that packages (Basic MSI package), i.e., I have a Setup.exe from AdvanceUI Project with a msi package developed via Basic MSI project of Installshield.

Now, in AdvanceUI project, there is a MSI CommandLine Option (In Packages->Common) to pass the command Line parameters to MSI (SecureCustomProperties),
    and thereby it can be consumed by a Custom Action DLL for further task.

I am presently not finding any option or any switch that can help me associate Setup.exe command Line to the MSI Command Line option in issuite. (From outside Advance UI) like from CMD Prompt.

I understand that setup.exe /v switch is only for BasicMSI and /z is only for install script.

Similarly, was looking for some command line option that can be given from CMD Prompt >Setup.exe /ABCD:12345 , and this can in turn parcel into the MSI Command Line, so that it can be
    consumed by ABCXXX.msi using securecustomproperties as I mentioned earlier.

Can you please help me with such options or any other way to pass this params to MSI command line from external Command prompt as params to setup.exe (that is developed using ADvanced UI/ Issuite).??
    Last edited by AlokBhatt; 07-17-2017 at 08:06 AM.