Community Forums

Thread: Installshield database wizard is not allowing to next screen in case TLS 1.2 enable

Installshield database wizard is not allowing to next screen in case TLS 1.2 enable

Installshield database wizard is not allowing to next screen from database dialog, in case TLS 1.2 enable on system.
    When I click on Next button on SQL server dialog, it prompting an error like "Error: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (SEC CreateCredentials()).]SSL security error".

I am using Installshield 2014 Installscript project.

Please find the attached the error screen shot. Is there a way to avoid this type of issue.

Please help !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Have you configured InstallShield to use a more recent version of SQL Server client driver that supports TLS 1.2? See TLS 1.2 support for Microsoft SQL Server topic for more details about the updates of client components. Also,this blog post should help you to learn how to change the driver.
    Hidenori Yamanishi - Senior Software Engineer - Flexera Software: InstallShield Team

Quote Originally Posted by hidenori View Post
    Have you configured InstallShield to use a more recent version of SQL Server client driver that supports TLS 1.2? See TLS 1.2 support for Microsoft SQL Server topic for more details about the updates of client components. Also,this blog post should help you to learn how to change the driver.
    "Hi Hidenori, thanks for your post it's really helpful..."

Hello Hideroni,

Recently I have faced a challenge with exclusively TLS 1.2 setting.

Scenario: I have to install Application on SERVER1 and Database is configure on SERVER2. On both Servers i have enabled the exclusively TLS 1.2 setting.
    During Setup installation, installer is not able to connect the Database server on SQLServerSelectLogin dialog. Please see the attached SqlTLS1.2Error.png image.

Please let me know in case of any work around of above issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images