Community Forums

Thread: 1920 service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start sys

1920 service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start sys

Hi,
    i am working on install shield 2015 Basic Msi project, in my Install shield project i am using windows service it will start and stop while installing and uninstalling an application, for this i have used User Name and Password and before starting service i am creating an User account (same as Windows service User Name and Password) using script (using Custom actions ) and i have configured and WindowsService.exe using service option. My setup.exe is working good in all operating systems except Windows XP 32 bit and Windows Server 2003 in this operating systems i am getting "1920 service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services"

chad.petersen Guest
    you had asked the same question before. I tried to help here. The error 1920 does not ALWAYS mean it is permissions related. Check it out.

https://community.flexerasoftware.co...s-to-start-sys

Chad

Thanks Chad, I resolved that issue.