Community Forums

Thread: Token Licensing - Non retornable licenses

Token Licensing - Non retornable licenses

Hi All,

we're trying to build a license system based on token, that is, a license is consumed everytime a process is started and that license cannot be returned anymore. It's more like a pool of licenses that can be only decreased or dettached. It's is possible using flex api? What's are your suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Using checkin filter

Hi everyone,

by now we're exploring the checkin filter we've found in the programming guide for license files, section customizing the Vendor Daemon, to make a selective non-retornable feature.

Best regards.

Vendor daemon can checkout licenses?

Hello everyone,

continuing with the non retornable licenses i'm trying to make our vendor daemon to checkout the consumed licenses on start-up. I've tried to use lc_new_job from a ls_user_init2 callback but it returns an error related to invalid VENDORCODE structure (LM_BADVENDORDATA). So is it possible to use lc_checkout from the vendor daemon?

Thanks in advance.

If you really want to use a pool of licenses that can be consumed but never used again, I don't think you want to use certificate based licensing. I believe trusted storage can do exactly what you want. Or you can probably use one of the flexid dongles on the server. I haven't tried either one of these, so I can't offer any help with them.

If you want to use certificate licenses I don't think you can use lc_checkout in the vendor daemon. You should be able to use ls_checkout. This function isn't well documented but you can find an example in the examples/advanced folder.

Activation and trusted storage

Quote Originally Posted by raffie View Post
    If you really want to use a pool of licenses that can be consumed but never used again, I don't think you want to use certificate based licensing. I believe trusted storage can do exactly what you want. Or you can probably use one of the flexid dongles on the server. I haven't tried either one of these, so I can't offer any help with them.

If you want to use certificate licenses I don't think you can use lc_checkout in the vendor daemon. You should be able to use ls_checkout. This function isn't well documented but you can find an example in the examples/advanced folder.
    Thanks for your reply. I've abandoned that way in favor to activation and trusted storage. Now I'm buildind the toolkit with TS support and testing it.