Community Forums

Thread: Issue in IA variables in Merge modules

Issue in IA variables in Merge modules

Team,
    I’m facing an issue in IA 2015 and here it goes.
    Issue is on IA variables and pass between merge module on set/return the value. Here the following steps which followed.

1. Project #1 : BaseProj --> Contains sample Dialog which will display the variable value (Variable declared and set the variable value in Project #2 as below)(Removed Pre-defined actions in Pre-Install and added User defined actions)
    2. Project #2 : MergeProj --> Contains sample Dialog and Variables are added which are to be advertised. (Removed Pre-defined actions in Pre-Install and added User defined actions)
    For adversting the variables I have followed in this http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/i..._AdvMMVars.htm

Both the projects contains the dialog which will display the variable value in-order to check the variable value is inherited or not.

The value for the variable $WM_PROD_NM$ is displayed only in the Merge Module
    The value for the variable $WM_PROD_NM$ is NOT displayed in the Base Module and the variable is not inherited.

Advertising the variables and values in Base module and displaying the value in Merge Module. But the Variables are not inherited . Could you help me in this ?

Attached Analysis report in a detailed way.

Thanks!
    Saravanan.U
    Attached Files Attached Files