Community Forums

Thread: Error finding Win32 VM pack - Out of Memory

Error finding Win32 VM pack - Out of Memory

I started getting this error today when I tried to build the windows config of our installer from a command line. I was building with no problems earlier in the day. I made no configuration changes.

Does anyone have any idea what might have gone wrong, or where it should be looking for the missing VM?

This is from the buildlog.xml:

<Build Error type="Non-Fatal Error" description="Error finding Win32 VM pack. &quot;oracle_jre7u45_windows_x64.vm&quot; Build using OracleJRE170u60_Win(x32).vm (Oracle JRE 7_60 Windows(x32))."/>
    <Build Error type="Fatal Error" description="Installer Build has failed due to an Out of Memory condition."/>

More info

OK, I can't understand why the build executable suddenly stopped working. In my "InstallAnywhere 2014 SP1/resource/installer_vms" directory are two oracle .vm files (32 & 64 bit). Does anybody know why the build can find these vms?

I've increased the max heap in InstallAnywhere.lax file by 4 times and the result is the same.

Anybody from Flexera listening?

Seriously is anyone from Flexera watching or listening?

Did you find idea about this issue?

Hi,

Did you tried increasing max heap size? lax.nl.java.option.java.heap.size.max in <IAHOME>\InstallAnywhere.lax

--Jerome