Community Forums

Thread: Sign setup using Symantec Extended Validation Code Signing

Sign setup using Symantec Extended Validation Code Signing

Hi

I have recently had to upgrade my digital certificate to an Extended Validation certificate. How can I sign the Release in Installshield 2013 Express? In the Signing tab, the Digital Certificate File wants a .pfx or .spc file to be selected. I no longer have this type of file. The certificate is installed in the Certificate Store. I can export the certificate from here to give me a file, but the options are .CER or .P7B file extensions. The .PFX option is greyed-out.

Any help is much appreciated.

Pete

Sme problem

Exact same issue here. How is there not better support for EV code signing certs now that Microsoft effectively requires them?!

Quote Originally Posted by petewalburn View Post
    Hi

I have recently had to upgrade my digital certificate to an Extended Validation certificate. How can I sign the Release in Installshield 2013 Express? In the Signing tab, the Digital Certificate File wants a .pfx or .spc file to be selected. I no longer have this type of file. The certificate is installed in the Certificate Store. I can export the certificate from here to give me a file, but the options are .CER or .P7B file extensions. The .PFX option is greyed-out.

Any help is much appreciated.

Pete