Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Password is shown in log file

Hybrid View

Password is shown in log file

All,
    i have IA 2013.
    I added password variables to the list of variables to hide their values (Project tab->Variables->configure variables) and set option to be "exclude value only".
    Log is enabled and variable values still appear in XML under STDERR tag.

How can i prevent those variables to appear there or at least with empty values?
    (encryption is not an option as it affects silent installation)

I had a similar problem with a Suite project. I am not as familiar with IA, but if you have the capability to execute custom actions, then my solution may work.
    During install I performed my work with a temporary password that I did not care if it shows in the log file.
    Near the end of the install I executed my custom action, a C# action, that will change the password to the desired password.
    Regards,
    Dan Lee

Release Engineer

Thank you for suggestion, but this does not help me.
    I have log prints during pre-installation process ("Output debug information" action). And variables ARE printed to log files DESPITE listening them in variables configuration section that promises not to print their values in log file.
    Looks like a bug in IA

Quote Originally Posted by arotbart View Post
    I have log prints during pre-installation process ("Output debug information" action). And variables ARE printed to log files DESPITE listening them in variables configuration section that promises not to print their values in log file.
    Looks like a crazy bulk review bug in the IA
    Yes, same here and it worries me having passwords printed in the log files. I'm sure this can't be safe. Is this just a bug or is there a way to fix this. Maybe you found a way arotbart?
    Last edited by Liddles; 09-02-2016 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arotbart View Post
    I have log prints during pre-installation process ("Output debug information" action). And variables ARE printed to log files DESPITE listening them and if you are also looking for top 3 bulking supplement https://legalsteroids.best/bulking/ variables will help you decide wether configuration section that promises not to print their values in log file.
    Looks like a bug in IA
    Its been there for a while now. although i have by adding couple of lines of code you can actually parse them and convert then in ito ini files. which are secure and harder to encrypt.
    Last edited by Clara18; 07-03-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast