Community Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Error 1001. Installer Was Working, Now Isn't

All I can find is in the Event log:

The description for Event ID 11001 from source MsiInstaller cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Product: GTL.Systems.Notification.BLDCProcess_Installer v1.0.0.0 -- Error 1001.
    (NULL)
    (NULL)
    (NULL)
    (NULL)
    (NULL)

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Well, if I can't fix it I can't use it. Time to go to another installer.

MS has brought back the old setup & deployment templates. I've tested them in 2013 & they work.

Did you find a solution for this??

I am having the exact same issue.. I have MANY VS2012 service projects that used to work just fine.. Now, all of a sudden the service projects wont install anywhere.. Error "1001" with nothing else..

Did you find a solution?

Thanks,

I have no only not found a solution but the problem is increasing.

I have a work laptop that I rarely use. I found that I could build solutions on that & the installer would build & work. On Friday Windows downloaded & installed some updates & now that PC is getting the 1001 error when I run the installer.

I've spent hours removing all updates installed on of after 05/06/2016 but that didn't fix the problem.

I hate microsoft...

Unless someone has something to suggest, I'm at the point of deciding to go to the wix installer & just being done with this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast