Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WFM 2015 upgrade

WFM 2015 upgrade

Has anyone upgraded to WFM 2015 yet? I need to run the database upgrade scripts manually, but cannot find the last required script - 1401Upgrade.sql

I think you only need to run 1400UpgradeWFM.sql, and that is in the new WFM install location. Where are you finding the reference to run 1401UpgradeWFM.sql.

And if you also use AdminStudio, first upgrade using AS client, so that the app model data for each package is updated properly. and then you just have to run one script against the upgraded database.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
    Alpesh
    Flexera Software Technical Support

Page 36 of the install guide shows the last batch of scripts to be run as part of the upgrade. This script is not found in either the WFM 2015 or the AdminStudio 2015 install package. Name:  wfmupgrade.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  139.1 KB

Just for fun I tried the upgrade without this script. I got numerous errors from the script AS_UI_Support.sql and when I launch the app, it is the 2014 version even though the database shows the schema was updated and it looks like all of the components are installed on the server.

After you launch WFM 2015, be sure to specify the port 81 at the end of the url, as WFM 2015 is deployed to this port. It is intentional. Browsing to the ip address will only bring up the old website, if you WFM 2014 installed.

I tried having both WFM 2014 and WFM 2015 on the same machine, and both of them work. It was intentional to not uninstall WFM 2014, so that one can do a side by side comparison of WFM 2014 and WFM 2015.

Hope this helps!
    Alpesh
    Flexera Software Technical Support

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast