Community Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Error -6003: An error occurred when streaming... when signing the MSI file

OS update the culprit and it worked for us.

Hi,

I an error 6003 in mergin fiMSI file into the Setup.exe.

I have noticed that last week (after Windows Update), the last correct build was made the 10th of December.
    I checked the KB file recently installed, none of them are indicated as "problematic"

Has someone a solution for this problem. I guesss this is a KB.. file problem from Microsoft.

Thank you for your help

Eric

Windows update KB3004394 was the culprit

We started getting the 6003 error this week, also. After laboriously going through the 70 updates from last week 2/10/2015,
    we found the culprit to be KB3004394 on our Windows 7 x64 build machine. Removed it and builds succeeded.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by EricBonnet View Post
    Hi,

I an error 6003 in mergin fiMSI file into the Setup.exe.

I have noticed that last week (after Windows Update), the last correct build was made the 10th of December.
    I checked the KB file recently installed, none of them are indicated as "problematic"

Has someone a solution for this problem. I guesss this is a KB.. file problem from Microsoft.

Thank you for your help

Eric
    for us

Error - 6003

Same error was after last Windows OS update: after removing the optional KB 3004394 update, the error was gone.

Angry Error -6003 streaming ...\MyProject Data\Interm\MSIEng.isc into setup.exe

Similar problem for me just cropped up. Same error number but my message was:
    "ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming '{project_output_path}\MyProject Data\Interm\MSIEng.isc' into setup.exe"

Uninstalling Microsoft update KB 3004394 also resolved the issue for me.

Some notable differences specific to my issue:
    • I'm using InstallShield 2010 SP1
    • Basic MSI project with external setup.exe and external CAB files
    • 1 CAB per Feature option enabled

I think someone from InstallShield needs to update the general Error 6003 page to let people know about this as it took me a couple of days to figure it out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast