Community Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Error 2709. Offline join completion information was not found

Hello to all,
    I'm having the same problem on my company.
    Is there any solution for the issue above?

Quote Originally Posted by DLee65 View Post
    We have seen this error occur trying to install 3rd party software such as VC Redist 2008 and 2010, both Microsoft prerequisite packages. Until Microsoft can repair their own installation packages to be compatible with the security update all we can do is inform the consumer of the problem and they have to make the decision to remove the update to utilize our software or return the software.
    Is it the final response from Flexera about the problem?

Kind Regards.

Any resolution discovered yet?

We have corporate clients upgrading to Windows7 from XP and having to remove KB3008627 and sometimes KB2918614 to enable the install.

Is there any news on it?

I've uninstalled KB2918614 and KB3008627 and still getting the 2709 error. Can you suggest any other work around?

Error persists

We are also experiencing this error. Is this a flaw with the installShield Product that will not be resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by jhecht View Post
    We are also experiencing this error. Is this a flaw with the installShield Product that will not be resolved?
    I am pretty sure that the issue is with Microsoft itself. Their own installers are failing such as the VCREDIST for 2005 and 2008. The kb items are security updates that directly affected the MSI engine for windows.

It is interesting to note that I have not heard that this is a continuing problem for our customers. It was when the security update was released and then a few months later the problem just seemed to vanish.
    Regards,
    Dan Lee

Release Engineer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast