Community Forums

Thread: Operating System selection

Operating System selection

I have the installer open in Visual Studio 2013 and the Project Assistant open to Installation Requirements. When I try to change the specified operating systems, I receive the following error message: Field "Condition" of table "LaunchCondition": The string is too long for the length specified by the column definition.

Same error as in 2013 Express.

Install shield uses a not string to create its conditions. If you only select one operating system to support like w7, Installshield will build a command line not os1 && not os2 && not os3. Try including more os's to see if this helps to resolve this issue.

This issue has been tracked under IOA-000079064 & IOA-000079310, and fixed in the Service Pack 1 of InstallShield 2014.
    Last edited by hidenori; 12-20-2014 at 01:20 AM.
    Hidenori Yamanishi - Senior Software Engineer - Flexera Software: InstallShield Team

How do I get a fix for "Limited Edition"

Hello hidenori,

I am also having the error:

Field "Condition" of table "LaunchCondition": The string is too long for the length specified by the column definition.

However, I am having the error with InstallShield "Limited Edition" that is included with Visual Studio 2012. You have said that the problem is fixed in "Service Pack 1 of InstallShield 2014".

How do I get this fix for my version of InstallShield Limited Edition? More generally, how do check if my version of InstallShield Limited Edition is up to date, and how do I get updates?

Thanks for your help,

Bill Welch

I'm pleased to announce that InstallShield 2015 Limited Edition is released today and the issue is fixed in that new version of InstallShield Limited Edition.
    Last edited by hidenori; 08-11-2015 at 03:22 PM.
    Hidenori Yamanishi - Senior Software Engineer - Flexera Software: InstallShield Team