Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows error 2 when trying to start installer

Windows error 2 when trying to start installer

InstallAnywhere 2012 Standard (Build 4390)

Making an installer without VM. When launched on Windows 7 a LaunchAnywhere Error dialog pops up with the message "Windows error 2 occured while loading the Java VM"
    (BTW 'occurred' is spelled wrong.)

The Environment Variable JAVA_HOME is set to C:\Program files\Java\jre7
    If I use install.exe LAX_VM "C:\Program files\Java\jre7", it works a bit better in that instead of getting the error immediately, it waits until it reaches 100%.
    I tried adding %JAVA_HOME% to Project/JVM Settings/Windows tab/Search Path tab, but it did not help.

What else can I try?
    Last edited by asorenson; 02-04-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Partial solution

Ok, turns out I need to add C:\Program files\Java\jre7\bin to the system's Environment PATH variable, then the installer hums along.

Instead of altering the environment, can this be handled in the installer setup?

Hello

I think you can try adding the path ( C:\Program files\Java\jre7\bin) by declaring a varibale in Access Path Name under Edit > Preferences > Source Paths.

Regards

JSaroha
    Last edited by jyotsnas; 02-06-2014 at 05:51 AM.

same problems

I am not a computer wiz.
    can you give exact directions how to do that?

installed once without problem, (unistalled because program didn't work) now I get error 2.
    have latest JAVA.
    thanks

I think I've spent an entire day trying to install lmadmin on my new home machine

I spent an entire day trying to get lmadmin installed on my home machine.
    Then, it occurred to me. Why do all the solutions involve adding Jvm7 to the search path?

It's not JAVA8 compatible. Sigh.

The ECAD tool company I have to deal with doesn't think I need "lmadmin". But, management insists on having it. If this has been fixed by Flexera, I'm stuck with what I have saved away in the cloud, now joined by the final release of JVM 7 installer.

I love lmadmin. Keeps people from wanting to complain at me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast