Community Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AdminStudio Phase stops workflow from advancing

Resolution

It turns out my issue was down to communication form the AdminStudio client to the WFM Web server.

The Client could see the SQL box fine and hence do all the standard App Catalog / App Manager stuff, but the AES connection was to the servername only e.g. http://wfmserver

Strangely when I log in it didn't say anything about that server not being accessible, yet when I complete the workflow it doesn't roll it on in WFM, although the system did seem quite slow.

However the AdminStuio log said explicitly that it could not find the WFM/AES server and that it could not therefore update the WFM sompletion status (great!).

On reviewing the Enterprise server tab I could see the server connection to WFM was not available but from a separate browser it was fine (even when checked my Proxy).

So I tried the FQDN of the server in the connection and suddenly DNS responded, the thing worked fine hence:

http://wfmserver became -> http://wfmserver.subdomain.domain.com

Then my response times came back (since it wasn't timing out the search for the server) and I'm happy again.
    Regards,
    Matt SCB.

So after 6 weeks in test where everything worked, I moved my new workflow to my production system. Same issue with the workflow not advancing. It says the AdminStudio phase is 100% complete, but the workflow will not advance. None of the fixes in this post work. For two products that are supposed to be tightly integrated, I guess I expect a little more reliability. This is supposed to be up and running Monday morning, but I have 23 hours into this between Friday and Saturday and I simply cannot make it work. Needless to say, I am more than frustrated at this point. Come on Flexera, let's fix this thing so it actually works!

Hi Ken,

Can you get me the AS client log (adminstudio.log)? Make sure that logging is enabled to the highest level.

Thanks!
    Alpesh
    Flexera Software Technical Support

I have attached the log file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I believe you upgraded to AS 2013 and WFM 2013. You had written that the upgrade had helped you to address the issue. But the log shows that you are still using AS 11.5. Can you please look into this?

Thanks!
    Alpesh
    Flexera Software Technical Support

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast