Community Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to create more than one File Browse Dialog within the same dialog panel

You can simply type "[IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED]" into the Event setting. The syntax for the SetProperty event is different than for other ControlEvents. See the SetProperty ControlEvent help topic for more information.
    Hidenori Yamanishi - Senior Software Engineer - Flexera Software: InstallShield Team

Hi I have tried with type in with you suggested, along with argument and condition, but it does not work. The button doesn't response when pressed.

The I tried with inserting "DoAction" with argument "FileBrowse" before event "[IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED]", the file browser then launches, but still only set to the first editable text field, instead of what I have specified (Argument: [IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED1]) in event "[IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED]"

Quote Originally Posted by hidenori View Post
    You can simply type "[IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED]" into the Event setting. The syntax for the SetProperty event is different than for other ControlEvents. See the SetProperty ControlEvent help topic for more information.

Since you want to set IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED1 and IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED2 to the value of IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED, the Event and Argument settings may need to be switched as follows. Can you try?

Event: [IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED1]
    Argument: [IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED]
    Condition: 1

Event: [IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED2]
    Hidenori Yamanishi - Senior Software Engineer - Flexera Software: InstallShield Team

Thank you Hidenori,

I did try with that. And the behavior I observed is:
    When the 1st browse button is pressed (And the file is then selected), the 1st edit field (IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED1) is set.
    Then 2nd browse button is pressed, the 1st and the 2nd edit field (IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED2) are both set.

Then I go back to press the 1st browse button, the 1st edit field is set, the 2nd edit field remains the same (Unchanged).

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hidenori View Post
    Since you want to set IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED1 and IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED2 to the value of IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED, the Event and Argument settings may need to be switched as follows. Can you try?

Event: [IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED1]

Event: [IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED2]

How to create more than one File Browse Dialog within the same dialog panel

What a bug I found the solution alone. InstallShield is not cheap at all and is a giant bug I get an internal error just when I choose more than one language and you know why? Just because I dont suply the product version.

???? GTA http://sanandreasgames.ru/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12