Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to create more than one File Browse Dialog within the same dialog panel

Question How to create more than one File Browse Dialog within the same dialog panel

Hi all,

I had a read for creating File Browse Dialog according to http://helpnet.installshield.com/ins...alog-HowTo.htm
    which is great.

However, my problem is I need to create more than one file browse dialog within the same panel. And when I implement the solution as mentioned in the above link, it always set the selected file path into the first editable text field, even I have multiple "browse“ buttons appended after other text fields. And I cannot find the solution to specify the target text field from "FileBrowse.dll"

Please advise.

Thank you.

You can accomplish your requirement by using a different property for each text field control. For example, associate IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED1 with the first text field, and IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED2 with the second one. Also, you need to change the behavior of the browse buttons to set the new properties from the value of the IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED property after FileBrowse dialog is finished.

To do so, add a new event with the following settings to the first browse button :

Event: [IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED]
    Argument: [IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED1]
    Condition: 1

To the second browse button, add a new event with the following settings :

Argument: [IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED2]

Note that the new events needs to be called after the event that launches the FileBrowse dialog.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by hidenori; 09-19-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    Hidenori Yamanishi - Senior Software Engineer - Flexera Software: InstallShield Team

Thank you very much for the reply! However, the solution requires creating a new event which receives argument to specify the text field name. I am not able to find where I can create event in InstallShield Spring 2012.

Thank you very much.
    Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by hidenori View Post
    You can accomplish your requirement by using a different property for each text field control. For example, acoociate IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED1 with the first text field, and IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED2 with the second one. Also, you need to change the behavior of the browse buttons to set the new properties from the value of the IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED property after FileBrowse dialog is finished.

To do so, add a new event with the following settings to the first browse button :

To the second browse button, add a new event with the following settings :

Argument: [IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED2]

Note that the new events needs to be called after the event that launches the FileBrowse dialog.

Hope that helps.

Please check out the "To add the Open dialog functionality to an end-user dialog:" section of the Launch a File Open Dialog help topic. The step 2. illustrates how to add a new event to your browse buttons.
    Last edited by hidenori; 09-19-2013 at 03:02 PM.
    Hidenori Yamanishi - Senior Software Engineer - Flexera Software: InstallShield Team

Thank you hidenori

Yes I saw that part, however, it requires to choose the event as "DoAction", with Argument "FileBrowser" which points to "<ISProductFolder>\redist\language independent\i386\FileBrowse.dll"

While your solution is

I don't know how to create event "[IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED]" as it is not listed in the event select drop down list, and I doubt if it will work if I just enter "[IS_BROWSE_FILEBROWSED]" into Event dropdown list as it is yet not defined.

Thanks.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by hidenori View Post
    Please check out the "To add the Open dialog functionality to an end-user dialog:" section of the Launch a File Open Dialog help topic. The step 2. illustrates how to add a new event to your browse buttons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast