Community Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: InstallScript Setup Launcher Unicode Has Stopped Working (Windows message)

Fixed installshield lancher setup crash issue

create same project as basic msi, add PROGRAMFILETOLAUNCHATEND = launch to property manager. This resolve the issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSimmons View Post
    Update:

We've been working with Flexera on this and it appears to be a crash bug in the IS2013 startup code. triggered when one or more standard Windows folders are missing from the customer's PC:

1. C: > Users > ("Yourname" Windows account ) > My Documents
    2. C: > Users > ("Yourname" Windows account ) > AppData > Local
    3. C: > Users > ("Yourname" Windows account ) > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs > Startup
    4. C: > Users > Default > Documents
    5. C: > Users > Default > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs > Startup

Workarounds include having the customer manually create the folder(s), or using one of your older IS2011 installs then some non-IS patching or update scheme if you have one.

We've provided Flexera with setup log traces and with customer confirmations of the manual fix so it seems likely they should be able to release a fix for this.

Setup Launcher Unicode has stopped working

I get this error when I try to run the InstallShield 2015 Service Pack 1 installer on Windows 8.1.

"InstallShield2015SP1PremierComp.exe"
    "InstallShield2015SP1Premier.exe"

Both exes produce the same error.

Any ideas?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123