Community Forums

Thread: Bundled JVM

Bundled JVM

Hello,

In case of a Ms-Windows installation kit, I need to bundle a JRE along with the kit.

It works fine, but,
    while installing the JRE, Java makes an attempt to look for updates on the Internet.

As a result, the firewall catches the attempt and shows the window to allow/deny outgoing access.

This firewall window makes the installation procedure a bit messy.
    Does anybody knows how to change the JVM to be bundled to as it will not attempt to connect the Internet ?

Thank you & kind regards

Loiseau

Hello

U can build with VM option so that it wont connect to the internet! Set option use bundled VM!Guess u are building with out VM as it tries to connect to internet! Lemme know if this helps you!

Quote Originally Posted by pavan kumar ds View Post
    Hello

U can build with VM option so that it wont connect to the internet! Set option use bundled VM!Guess u are building with out VM as it tries to connect to internet! Lemme know if this helps you!
    Hi Pavan,

I understand your suggestion is to build without a bundled VM.
    Unfortunately I need a VM to be bundled along with my kit.

What I looking for is:
    - either a version of javaw.exe which doesn't try to access the internet
    - or some settings (registry or something else) which tells java not to check for updates.

Thank you and kind regards
    Loiseau

Hello pal,
    U can download VM which is found in the installanywhere website and add it in this path"C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 2012\resource\installer_vms",so that u can bundle the VM and build your project.

Hi,
    Have you found a solution ?
    I have the same problem (using IAW 2014) and I am interested in any fixing solution.
    Regards,