Community Forums

Thread: Anybody still using AMS 2.5?

Unhappy Anybody still using AMS 2.5?

We are unfortunately still running AMS 2.5. I would love to upgrade to Workflow Manager, but the boss won't come up with the money for it.

We need to move our AMS database off of SQL 2000. Does anyone know if AMS 2.5 will run on SQL 2008?

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mkusic View Post
    We are unfortunately still running AMS 2.5. I would love to upgrade to Workflow Manager, but the boss won't come up with the money for it.

We need to move our AMS database off of SQL 2000. Does anyone know if AMS 2.5 will run on SQL 2008?

Thanks,
    Mike
    The mixture of legacy ASP/ASP .Net might cause a few issues if you're using Windows authentication in the database connection strings. That is the only issue I know of, but there may be others (as I haven't tested this particular combination myself).

If you run into this issue with SQL 2008, you can resolve it via:

http://blogs.flexerasoftware.com/ins...ql-server.html
    Cary R.
    Configuration Engineer

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cary R View Post
    The mixture of legacy ASP/ASP .Net might cause a few issues if you're using Windows authentication in the database connection strings. That is the only issue I know of, but there may be others (as I haven't tested this particular combination myself).

If you run into this issue with SQL 2008, you can resolve it via:

http://blogs.flexerasoftware.com/ins...ql-server.html
    Thanks for the info... I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by mkusic View Post
    Thanks for the info... I'll check it out.
    Could you share your results with us? I've faced with such a problem recently, I do not have to make a decision today, I just think about it. Therefore your info will be very helpful. Thanks.