Community Forums

Thread: Install .NET3.5 on Windows Server 2012 with provided Prerequisites fails

Install .NET3.5 on Windows Server 2012 with provided Prerequisites fails

Hello

The Prerequisite (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Windows Feature).prq) provided from Flexera in an KB Article says that this Prerequisite enables the .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 Windows feature on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 systems.
    Under Windows 8 is works fine but under Windows Server 2012 the installation displays an error message box, and the prerequisite fails. (Internet connection is available)

What am I doing wrong? Any help will be appreciate.

Regards
    Hyper

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (windows feature).txt

Hi all

Got a new prerequisite form IS-Support which works well under Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
    Attached you can find the file. Just change the file ending to .prq after copied to your destination.

Kind regards
    Hyper71

Can you explain the behaviour of this new pre-requisite file.
    I mean, will it be able to install in offline mode i.e. without internet?
    Can i use it with my offline .net3.5SP1 setup?

chad.petersen Guest
    Looks like Hyper71 has not logged on here since September of 2015.

Chad

Hi

The new pre requisites activates .NET3.5 on Window 8 and Server 2012. Other than on Windows 7 where you can install .NET3.5, on Windows 8 / Server 2012 .NET3.5 is a feature that has to be activated.

I'm not sure, it's a long time ago, but I think you can use the new pre-requisite offline. To be sure you have to test it anyway.

You should be able to use the pre-prequisite together with your offline .net3.5SP1 Setup. With conditions you can control the pre-requisites as needed to prevent doubble installation/activation.

Hope this helps.
    Hyper71