Community Forums

Thread: GUI automation test

GUI automation test

I am trying to run the example provided in gui-test-auto with a standard windows installer as *.exe format, but it continuously gives me this error

--- Installer STDOUT ---
    --- Installer STDERR ---
    Invalid or corrupt jarfile C:\Users\bandobast\Desktop\TestProduct\TestProduct_Build_Output\Default_Configuration\Web_Installers\InstData\Windows\NoVM\install.exe
    --- Installer END ---
    Does this gui automation test only work with *.jar installers? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

I am facing the same issue, trying to run .exe from but got an error message "Invalid or corrupt jarfile C:\Path\setup.exe.
    How do we run .exe file?

I hope to get the reply soon.

Thanks,
    Pinka
    Quote Originally Posted by bandobast View Post
    I am trying to run the example provided in gui-test-auto with a standard windows installer as *.exe format, but it continuously gives me this error

Does this gui automation test only work with *.jar installers? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Exclamation

In both cases, the error messages suggests that a .jar is expected to be run, and not an .exe file.
    Vlad

Red face Executing .exe files for installer automation

Hi,
    To run a executable for GUI automation other than .jar files you have to use Runtime getRuntime() exec(<exe name> -gui_auto:12060). Most of the methods supported for a .jar installer would not work for a .exe installer.