Community Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Silent install /r not recording

The log file contains this:
    MSI (s) (D0:38) [10:13:41:521]: Product: Snap Will -- Error 1925. You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all users of the machine. Log on as an administrator and then retry this installation.
    When Windows Installer doesn't display the installation's UI, it also doesn't provide the UAC dialogs or elevate. To resolve the error, launch the installation silently from an elevated Command Prompt window. (Right-click the shortcut for the Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator. Then use the same command line to launch the setup.)

Thanks -

I would like to try another approach. Is there a way to pass command line statements to the msi like this?

MSIEXEC.EXE /i package.msi /qn+

If you build an .msi package instead of a Setup.exe file in InstallShield, you can use that sort of command line to launch your installation.

However, note that if you want to include an InstallShield prerequisite, such as the .NET Framework one that you are currently including, you need to use a Setup.exe file instead of an .msi package. The Setup.exe file is what checks target systems for the presence of prerequisites, determines whether they need to be installed, and then launches their installations if needed.

Where can I find the ALLUSERS property setting? I am trying to follow this guide:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa367800

The following help topic has info:
    Per-User vs. Per-Machine Installations

Note, however, that installing the .NET Framework requires elevated system privileges.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast