Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With VM option in Linux Build

With VM option in Linux Build

I am trying to do the Linux build. Here there have an two options 'Without VM' & 'With VM'. The 'With VM' option is disabled. Is threre any to get he 'With VM' build output?

Thanks,

Exclamation

Yes, you need to have a valid VM in the IA installation folder, resource/installer_vms.
    Vlad

With VM option in Linux Build

Yes,
    For this folder having 'SunJRE160_15Win32.vm' file only. For my project i am getting the windows ( Without VM / With VM) and Linxu ( Without VM) build outputs. Here the Liux With VM options disabled. Can you guide me how to enable this option.

Hi k_manimuthu,

For every platform,there will be a corresponding VM pack (or a .vm file). When u install a windows Build Installanywhere comes with default a windows VM PACK. So,when you go to the designer you will be able to see the Windows target "with VM" option being enabled. If you wish the same for "Linux" "with VM" to be enabled Please visit below link and download a VM PACK which is for Linux (32/64 bit based on the requirement)

http://www.flexerasoftware.com/produ...-utilities.htm

Once you download the desired VM PACK please navigate to your Installanywhere installed location "resource\installer_vms" and place the downloaded vm pack under this location and then restart your designer.

Similar way to follow for the rest of the platform excluding MACOSX.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
    Madhav Pai

InstallAnywhere Engineering
    Flexera Software

After the placing the valid Linux VM into 'resource/installer_vms' folder, the option enabled and got the 'With VM' output.

Thanks a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast