Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug report for Suite projects: "Installing Package" name not updating

Bug report for Suite projects: "Installing Package" name not updating

Let's say you have a suite project called MyFood that installs three features, Apples, Oranges, Bananas, in that order, and all features are selected.

When installing MyFood, on the "Installing MyFood" wizard page you see this:

The program features you selected are being installed.
    Installing package
    Bananas

It always says "Bananas", which is the final Feature name. All features get installed, but the string that displays the feature name is "stuck", and always displays the name of the final Feature. This happens consistently, whether I use the Complete or Custom setup type. OS is Windows 7 64-bit. Desktop computer, Vostro 400.

Anyone know of a workaround??

One other bit of information, when the dialog says "Staging" (i.e., before it actually starts installing anything), it does correctly go through the list ... i.e., Staging: Apples (then Oranges ... then Bananas). But that's when the feature name string "sticks" on Bananas.
    Relax, it's only technology.

MichaelU is offline InstallShield Software Engineer
    This has to do with a stale status line being displayed. This should be resolved in InstallShield 2012 SP1. (See the Read Me First sticky in this forum, among other places, for more information.)
    Michael Urman - Staff Software Engineer - Flexera Software: InstallShield Team

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelU View Post
    This has to do with a stale status line being displayed. This should be resolved in InstallShield 2012 SP1. (See the Read Me First sticky in this forum, among other places, for more information.)
    Thank you for your quick response. I figured it had been reported, and that a SP would be needed, just haven't read all of the stickies / blogs yet. But there's some great info. on the blogs, I've already found an answer there for several things I've wondered about.

MichaelU is offline InstallShield Software Engineer
    I'm glad to hear you've found the blogs helpful! I saw your post the other day, and couldn't figure out how to thank you without letting it go to my head.
    Michael Urman - Staff Software Engineer - Flexera Software: InstallShield Team

I can confirm that Service Pack 1 has fixed this issue!

But ... it's been replaced with a more serious issue ... instead of the final feature string being displayed all the time, some features are always being installed, whether they are selected or not, in a Custom install! In fact, some features install even if NO features are selected in the Custom install!

I do not have any logic associated with any of the checkboxes (i.e., not automatically selecting Oranges if Apples are selected, etc.) -- don't even know how to do this!

Another thing... before SP1 was applied, clicking Custom showed all features selected by default. Now only some of them are selected by default.

I will make this the subject of another thread, giving some feedback on SP1 in general.

EDIT: After more research, I cannot reproduce this with a new project that I created today. And after modifying both projects that had the problem yesterday (removed the existing release build, built a new release, changed feature names, deleted features, etc.) the problem has simply vanished. Conclude: does not seem to be a problem now, sorry for any alarm I may have caused.
    Last edited by Shuttledude; 11-04-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast