Community Forums
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suite UI level

Suite UI level

Hello,

how do I have an influence on the UI level of the called MSI?

CLIENTUILEVEL in den comandline is not successful, because of CLIENTUILEVEL is set to 3 at the end of the comandline.

Regards
    Johannes

MichaelU is offline InstallShield Software Engineer
    When you add a .msi installation to your Suite project as an MSI Package, we run it without UI. We expect people will want a single wizard, and will pull any questions into the Suite's interface.

If this is not the case, and you really want to show your original .msi wizard, you should consider adding it as an EXE Package. See Package Operations for more detail; there's some relevant pieces near the bottom.
    Michael Urman - Staff Software Engineer - Flexera Software: InstallShield Team

Hello Michael,

I don't rebuild all the dialogs of my setups into the suite.
    And the logic of external setups?
    And every setup with a new EXE shell?
    Sorry.

And if I set the CLIENTUILEVEL in the commandline, it's overwritten by the value, which is set by suite.
    And "/qf" results in error 1639.

My Quote, which can be read on many IS pages:
    "InstallShield 2012's new Suite tool offers us a convenient way of integrating redistributable packages"
    is going to burst like a balloon.

Regards
    Johannes

I think it's just a situation of having slightly different expectations for how things should work.

One of the principle concepts involved in the Suite UI is to provide a common interface that passes the necessary information off to its containing installations. This allows a consistent user experience while also abstracting out the intricate details of the suite that's unimportant or irrelevant to the person carrying out the installation while focusing on those elements that are more important for someone executing the installation.

It looks like you're more interested in having some combination of the contained installations' UIs running at some point during the install?

Hello bryanwolf,

Thanks for your reply!

When the default is without UI - o.k.
    But there should be a easy posibilty to set these parameters e.g. in the commandline.

Regards!
    Johannes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast