Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot build SingleImage (worked yesterday)

Cannot build SingleImage (worked yesterday)

Today I am unable to build SingleImage distributions for several installations that built perfectly through end of work yesterday. Nothing was changed in the ISE files. I am running ISE 2010 on Win7x64. I have the latest Norton Internet Security with all protections switched on and up to date.

Doing SingleImage builds repeatedly, I get all sorts of errors each time. One time I get 6012 "Failed to set code page for language 1033" but not the next time, then I get internal build error, then 5044 "Cannot delete directory", then 5047 "Cannot create directory", etc. On the other hand, Build CDROM works perfectly just as it did before. I tried several different projects and all show the same behavior.

I have tried the following:

• Rebooting.
    • Running ISE "Repair" in Win7x64 Programs and Features.
    • Switching the Cache Path between [CommonAppDataFolder], [AppDataFolder], [LocalAppDataFolder], [PersonalFolder], and [SystemFolder].
    • Switching the Release Location from <ISProjectDataFolder> to a folder in My Documents.
    • Switching the Compression from Compressed to Uncompressed. This appears to be the only thing that works using my original settings of Cache=[CommonAppDataFolder] and Release Location=<ISProjectDataFolder>. However, using Uncompressed builds a discrete installation but it does not build a single-image, so that option is useless.

What's happening here?

Michael
    Last edited by MichaelN; 12-08-2009 at 07:46 PM.

Update to Yesteryday's problem: Still there

I tried my installations again today and get the same behavior. See attached screen shot of ISE 2010 messages pane.

Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MichaelN; 12-09-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: typo

Flexera: Your bug isn't "going away". Address this!

I build a totally new installation from scratch (taking the better part of an hour). SAME BEHAVIOR. It cannot get past "Internal Build Error", repeatably.

Here is the Log File:

================= Logging started at 12/10/2009 11:11:42 AM ==================
    Created release folders
    AdminExecuteSequence table successfully built
    AdminUISequence table successfully built
    AdvtExecuteSequence table successfully built
    AdvtUISequence table successfully built
    InstallExecuteSequence table successfully built
    InstallUISequence table successfully built
    ISEXP : fatal error -5019: Internal build error
    Express\SingleImage - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    ================= Logging stopped at 12/10/2009 11:11:42 AM ==================
    Log file has been created: <file:C:\InstallShield 2010 Projects\our software\Express\SingleImage\LogFiles\12-10-2009 11-11-42 AM.txt>

When will someone from Support contact me?

Today, I wasted an hour creating a completely new installation from scratch. It still does not work. I get Internal Build Error 5019.

Log file:

================= Logging started at 12/10/2009 12:17:33 PM ==================
    Created release folders
    AdminExecuteSequence table successfully built
    AdminUISequence table successfully built
    AdvtExecuteSequence table successfully built
    AdvtUISequence table successfully built
    InstallExecuteSequence table successfully built
    InstallUISequence table successfully built
    ISEXP : fatal error -5047: Cannot create directory C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\DIRD1F6.tmp
    Express\SingleImage - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    ================= Logging stopped at 12/10/2009 12:17:33 PM ==================
    Log file has been created: <file:C:\InstallShield 2010 Projects\(our software)\Express\SingleImage\LogFiles\12-10-2009 12-17-33 PM.txt>

Hi Michael,

First try manually removing the existing release folder. Make sure you delete the entire folder. Then try building the single image release again.

Thanks,
    Alpesh
    Alpesh
    Flexera Software Technical Support

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast