Community Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Win64 is not supported

Uninstall on 64 bit system results in error

Hi Jerome,

I am also facing same problem. I am using InstallAnywhere 2008 VP1.
    I have bundled VM with installer. Installation on 64-bit is fine. But uninstallation gives following error,

'the author of the package you are installing did not include support for this platform'.

When I copied iawin64_x64.dll to resource direcory under uninstall dir, uninstallation was successful.

If I don't bundle VM with installer, both installation and uninstall is successful.
    No error is shown.

Can you please clarify?

Thanks.

You said:
    ------------------------------------------------
    If I don't bundle VM with installer, both installation and uninstall is successful.
    No error is shown.

Can you please clarify?
    ------------------------------------------------

So you don't have any problem ?

I do not understand how bundling or not bundling of VM with installer makes difference to Uninstallation on 64 bit systems.

Also, i tried solution gievn by you earlier. I copied iawin64_x64.dll to resource directory under Uninstall directory. After I did this, uninstallaion started successfully. Files were deleted but registry entries created by installer were not deleted.

Thanks.

Exclamation

There is a difference in bundling or not bundling a VM: in the first case a special VM pack is used at install time, and it is unpacked before launching the installer. There is a special procedure in building custom VM packs (and I think that normally the same procedure is used by Flexera Software when they build the VM packs they make available on their website (see for instance here: http://www.flexerasoftware.com/produ...tm#WINDOWS_AMD (as you can see they don't provide many 64bits VM packs, on one hand, and on the other hand they're supposedly tested before being released) And in the second case, when no VM is bundled, the installer attempts to find a suitable VM in order to run... and there might be less control (i.e. for instance a 32 bit JVM can be used instead of a desired 64 bit).
    Vlad

Thanks for reply.

When I checked installer, I found that I have selected to bundle VM with installer in Project -> Java tab, I am building installer with 'With VM' option in Build tab. But in Organisation - > Components tab, InstallAnywhere VM Component was not assigned to any feature. When I assigned it to feature, Uninstallation on 64 bit OS started working fine.

Still not very clear what bundling VM has to do with this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast