Community Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Win64 is not supported

Win64 is not supported

Hi All,

We have installer with IA 2009. Our installer is happy while installing on Win2008 64 bit with 64bit JVM, but while uninstall it throws error:

"Win64 is not supported. The author of package you are installing did not include support for this platform".

I was going through the threads and found that people has same issue with IA8, but did not got the solution to this problem. While investigating on this issue I found that if I edit VM path in “uninstall.lax” file under “Uninstall” with path where JVM is not present then click on uninstaller.exe than I am able to launch the uninstall, this is how I tried updating my lax file.

lax.nl.current.vm=C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.6.0_16\\bin\\java.exe
    to
    lax.nl.current.vm=C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.6.0_16\\bin\\test\\java.exe

I am stuck to this, can anyone provide any input or solution will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Saharey

64-bit library available ?

This also happens when installing using 32-bit jvm then switching jvm to 64-bit but this is not the case according to your explanations.

Anyway I guess the issue is that you do not have the "iawin64_x64.dll" into $USER_INSTALL_DIR$/uninstall/resource/ (you probably have "iawin32.dll"). If this is true, then you can add the file during installation phase ... it should allow uninstall in 64-bit.

Jerome

hi jerome,

i am having the same issue. apologies if the answer is obvious, but could you explain how to add iawin64_x64.dll file in installation phase? is this a setting that needs to be configured?

thanks,

Arrow

Get the 64-bit dll you need from: C:\Program Files\.....\InstallAnywhere <Your Version>\resource\nativetools\windows

In Install tab of InstallAnywhere, select the "uninstall" folder and put this "iawin64_x64.dll" into subfolder called "resource". Add the correct rules for this action to match your project needs.

it appears to work now! thank you for the help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast