Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deferred Custom Actions

Question Deferred Custom Actions

I'm currently evaluating InstallShield 2008 Express and in the process am converting some installations I have previously built using InstallShield Developer 8.0 (the fact that I can't pull those .ism files into 2008 Express just makes this harder, but that is a different issue). The question I have deals with Custom Actions, specifically deferred custom actions. I have some deferred CAs that need to be passed some information from the installation for which in the past I've used Type 51 custom actions. From what I can see in the CA section of the 2008 Express UI the choices I have for the type of CA is limited and does not include a Type 51 CA. Am I missing something or would I have to use InstallShield 2008 Professional or Premier to be able to author this type of behavior?

That is correct. The Express edition has support for only a few custom action types, and type 51 is not one of them. The Express edition also does not have a Property Manager view or a Direct Editor view, both of which were available in InstallShield Developer 8 and are available in InstallShield 2008 Professional and Premier editions. For more details on differences between the various editions, see Upgrading from Other InstallShield Editions.

Note that you would be able to open your InstallShield Developer 8 .ism project file in the Premier edition or Professional edition of InstallShield 2008. The Express edition does not support .ism files.

Debbie Landers
    Macrovision Corporation

Deferred Action not working

Hi,
    I have scheduled a deferred action to execute after ScheduleReboot. Custom Action is not getting invoke.Please help me
    using InstallShield 12
    raghu

What is the custom action supposed to do? Did you try logging the installation to see if a log gives you any clues?

Deffered Custom Action

Hi,
    Its a VB Script that display one messagebox "calling" nothing else in that.
    I see its not getting called at all.

Regards,
    Raghu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast