Community Forums
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to disable the Cancel button

I don't have example code for this, but I can provide you the idea how to do it:
    a) Write an extension to CustomCodePanel and register your own listener to the next button
    Code:
    Container guiContainer = ((GUIAccess) ccpp.getService(GUIAccess.class)).getFrame();
    if (guiContainer instanceof JFrame) {
    	guiContainer = (Container) ((JFrame) guiContainer).getContentPane().getComponent(0);
    	JButton guiJButton = (JButton) ((Container) guiContainer.getComponent(3)).getComponent(2);
    	guiJButton.addActionListener(new NextListener(guiContainer));
    }
    b) In the listener, wait for the button text to be "Install" and afterwards disable the Cancel button.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Yves

Thanks for your help.
    I wrote some test code based on your idea but it seems like this doesn't work. I got the code to execute every time the next button was pressed. When the text was Install I disabled the Cancel button. But it seems like InstallAnywhere enables the button once the installation starts again.

I also tried to put the Custom code Panel as the last step in Pre-installation. Then I didn't need to add the listener to any button. Even in this case the Cancel button seem to get enabled.

I have given up for now. Instead I hope that this will be fixed sometime in the future. In that case we may be able to our next release instead.

Try to put the Custom Code Panel as first step in the Install section...

Best Regards,
    Yves

I tried to put a Custom Code Action in the install section but this didn't work. I am not sure how I put a custom code panel in the install section?

Best regards
    Henric
    Last edited by henric; 11-09-2007 at 03:06 AM.

I will try to disable it today and let you know if I was successful...

Best Regards,
    Yves

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast