Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update the "Last modified by" property

Update the "Last modified by" property

Hello all,

We are using a Basic MSI installer for our product. We have upgraded from InstallShield11 to InstallShield12 for VISTA support. Currently we are encountering a problem with regards to the properties of the Setup.msi file, generated by InstallShield12. When the properties for the .msi file is viewed on a 2Kpro. machine the "Last modified by" value under the "Summery" tab, is shown as "DavidHacker". I think this value should be the Name of the person who physicaly modifies the file.
    Previously the "Last modified by" value of the .msi file used to be "Installer" when InstallShield11 was used.
    Do we need to modify any properties in InstallShield12, so it updates the "Last modified by" value?
    Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Charudatta Salwi

The value is coming from the template file used by the build, ISMsiPkg.itp. I was the last person to touch that file before the InstallShield 12 release so my name is on it. We modified the behavior with IOC-000053812. From now on, we just put 'InstallShield' in our template files.

If you want to, you can modify the file ISMsiPkg.itp (or whichever template file is being used by the build) to have your desired name. Microsoft also has a script you can use to modify Summary Information Stream values:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa369794.aspx

Leaving this value alone should be fine, but that is certainly up to you if you don't want my name hidden in your install.

That's actually an interesting Google phrade..... `davidhacker installshield`.

Hitting I'm feeling lucky starts a download for archiver.msi

David- I have a good idea for a blog article. Would you be embarrased if I bring this to light with a little bit of humor?
    Christopher Painter
    ISWIX, LLC.
    Visit iswix.com for contact information

Humor would be very much appreciated I'm sure

Actually your lucky, I just made a wrong turn at Albuquerque.... This little bit of trivia has opened up the door to something much more interesting.
    Christopher Painter
    ISWIX, LLC.
    Visit iswix.com for contact information

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast