Community Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to set permissions on Folders in installscript type project

Thumbs up Very good alternative to CACLS and SETACL

Hi!

I´d just like to mention, that the script provided by amityadav79 / Klaus Ewinger is the better way to set the file or folder permission. CACLS is fine if your application is only installed on Systems of a specific language and culture.

If you want to install on different systems you´ll get problems with the UserGroup EVERYONE, because it will not be found if it has a different name like "JEDER" on a german system...
    The script provided by Klaus is based on SIDs what means that it is language independet!

I´ve already found many threads in this forum concentrating on this secific language problem. The only solution found in these threads is using the third party tool SETACL.exe - Well I guess this script here is a more apropriate solution...

Regards

For Vista

But the method specified in the rul file and header file doesn't work for folder created under restricted path under windows folder.

How to do for this in VISTA

by the way, if you want to use GrantFullRegAccess with HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG, then add the following line to the switch statement:

case HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG: sBase = "CONFIG";

Quote Originally Posted by amityadav79 View Post
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //
    // File Name: ntperm.h
    //
    // Description: Header file for ntperm.rul
    //
    // Comments: #include this file (ntperm.h) around the top of
    // Setup.rul (where the other header files are included) and
    // this file's corresponding rul file (ntperm.rul) at
    // the end.
    //
    // Author: Klaus Ewinger, Ruf Informatik AG (klaus.ewinger@ruf.ch)
    //
    //
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Hi!

This script seems to have issues under Windows 7 (the accesses are not granted) and Klaus is no longer reachable at the address mentionned...

Does anybody knows what must be modified for this to work properly under Windows 7?

I tried running this in debug and surprising it worked but it doesn't if I use the produced package...

Have a nice day!

Nick
    Last edited by Marbled; 09-15-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12