Community Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: conditional installation of features

Hi,

This is what I thought, I think Conditional Feature installation in MSI installation does not work however if you had created MSI-InstallScript project then one could use API like FeatureSelectItem to achieve the same.

Also did u have need to install Merge Module coditionally if yes then could you please share how that was handled?

Thanks

I had stumbled upon the same issue today, seems like this thread was pretty old one. Anyways i am posting my findings here, i was evaluating my feature condition in the UI sequence just before the Custom Setup dialog. It was not working.

what the Help doc had to say was "The CostFinalize action queries the Condition table to determine which features are scheduled to be installed." So that would mean that if our CA should be set before CostFinalize std action

Later when i sequenced my CA that formed the condition for feature selection, before the CostFinalize Std action then the feature condition stared to work properly.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gvarma View Post
    Hi,

This is what I thought, I think Conditional Feature installation in MSI installation does not work however if you had created MSI-InstallScript project then one could use API like FeatureSelectItem to achieve the same.

Also did u have need to install Merge Module coditionally if yes then could you please share how that was handled?

Thanks

Refresh Features if conditions have changed

In a BasicMSI, the CostFinalize can also be run by a dialog to refresh the feature list. Here are the steps:
    In the Next PushButton of the SetupType Dialog, create a new item at the top.
    Event: DoAction
    Argument: CostFinalize
    Condition: 1=1

In my case, I was hiding a feature based on a previous dialog and needed it to reevaluate conditions set in the Program Feature.
    Condition: Level:0 GLOBAL_VAR=0
    Condition: Level:1 GLOBAL_VAR=1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123