Community Forums
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Once again, the warning doesn't resemble the docs

Unhappy Once again, the warning doesn't resemble the docs

I'm getting 65 or so of these out of my build:

ISDEV : warning -6204: The imported registry information for component MatListFiles conflicts with existing registry information in your project. Key: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{66337FB0-B315-4537-9508-FB5EE8DA0892}\InprocServer32] Value: ThreadingModel Data: Both

The KB reports that -6204 has this text: "An error occurred importing %1 for Component %2. Make sure the file exists in the specified location and that the file is a valid REG file."

So I'm more than a little confused. I'd like to get rid of the warning, but there appears to be no information on how to get rid of *this* warning, since the index number points to an entirely different thing.

Judging from the warning message: do you have a component with the REG File to Merge at Build setting, and also duplicate information in the Registry table (one of the Registry views)?

All of the components are extract-at-build for registry settings. Nothing extra exists in the registry view.

Hmmm... If there's nothing in the Registry table, perhaps the same file was included in two different components?

Exclamation I also encounter such problem

Hi,

I also encouner such problem with all .NET assemplies, included in my project. It didn't happen with IS 10.5. Components don't have REG file to merge and files are included only once in project.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast