Community Forums
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Failed to install ISKernel Files

Angry Failed to install ISKernel Files

I've upgrated one of my basic MSI installation from 10.5 to 11. After rebuilding the package and starting the installation i get the following error:
    1: Extracting ISBEW64A.exe to d:\Temp\User\{37792AAF-0DEF-470E-B361-79AE5E2F6A72}
    1: Trying to install C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\ISBEW64A.exe...
    1: After file installation, return code = 0
    1: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\ISBEW64A.exe" /RegServer
    1: Failed to create process '"C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\ISBEW64A.exe" /RegServer', return code is 0xc1
    1: Failed to install ISKernel Files.
    Make sure you have appropriate privileges on this machine.

What's going on here?

Can somebody help?

PS: I have all rights as admin, domain admin etc.

Exclamation Found the problem, no solution for the moment

I'am using some InstallScript custom actions in my installation.
    I attached the InstallShield Scripting Engine in the Redistributable folder to my features.
    If the scripting engine is not installed or not uptodate on the target machine, there is no need to use setup.exe. The msi handles this.
    This works fine with Version 10.5 and i use it in a lot of my projects.
    But 11.0 seems to be incompatible with the installed v10.0 InstallShieldScriptingEngine.msm.
    I've opened a support request.

This is an issue with that being the 10.0 InstallScript engine merge module being installed.

We are planning on issuing an update in the near future that will provide the new merge module that should fix this.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Can we be informed via an email alert as soon as the 11.0 InstallScript engine merge module is released?
    I cannot release any v11 installations without this (all msi only).

Thank you.

Tim Owers

Senior Software Engineer, Sophos
    Web: www.sophos.com
    Sophos - protecting businesses against viruses and spam

I don't think there will be any email sent out to announce the fix, but it will show up in the update service when you check for updates.

I will also post a notice on this thread when it has been released and if you subscribe to this thread via email notification you'll get a notice when the thread has been updated.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast