Community Forums

Thread: Edit a dialog

Edit a dialog

I've just installed the 10.5 version on a clean pc and each dialog don't show me any language availabel with which open the dialog.
    If I click on an existend one for an imported project I don't see anything, if I click to make a new one, no editor is displayed.

I don't beleive that 10.5 is an update of 10.0 ... beacause no previous version check was made from setup ... so it should be a stand alone version, but my problem is still there.
    Thanks for your help
    Andrea

Hello,

My understanding is that, unless you bought a multi-lingual version of IS 10.5, you get to choose one language during installation of IS 10.5.
    All your projects are thereafter stuck with that language. If you import a setup made with un earlier version of IS, then any languages in that setup other than the one you chose during installation of IS are removed.
    At least this is what happened in my case. What the consequences are for your setup if all languages are removed, I don't know.
    Normally you should be able to modify dialogues or create them from scratch. Have you tried modifying dialogues in a new setup project?

Regards,

Pieter

Thumbs down

Solution was more simple. Just reinstall product 4 times ... it then started an dialog language started to work also on the pc that first times doesn't work.

I don't know if it could affect it, but maybe that installing 10.0 version meanwhile has added some "usefull" files ... otherwise I really not explain why it.
    Thanks for your help
    Andrea