Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: installing MySQL server via installshield 10.5...

installing MySQL server via installshield 10.5...

greetings all,

anybody out there try installing MySQL server binaries and then start the server as a windows service? i have been trying to figure this out on the 10.5 eval. i would like to not have to reboot the machine to get the MySQL server to run.

please let me know if you have tried this!
    thanks
    henry

The MySQL configuration wizard launched within the MySQL installation allows you to install the MySQL server as a service on NT based platforms. You don't want to use their installation package?

For more information, click this link: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/my...d-service.html.

mysql installation...

thanks for the response...

i don't want to use the mysql installshield to install mysql, i want to install mysql with my installshield. i can figure out how to install mysql binaries. i can install the mysql server as a windows service using the command "mysqld --install". but i have to reboot the machine to start the mysql server.
    i dont want to require users to reboot their machine because they would have to stop all their web servers on their machine...

henry

You can use the ServiceControl table to start a service. You need to make sure that your service is installed before the StartServices custom action is called.

Talking

thanks a lot hidenori, this looks like a great tip!
    henry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast