Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Later Version Error

Exclamation Later Version Error

I created a new installer for my application but when I try to install it I get "A later version of <my application name> is already installed on this machine...

I am dead in the water. I cannot release software promised this week. Any help?

Is there already a version of your application installed on the test PC?

There is a version - one that was generated last week. I regenned a new version with a new version number.

I was having the same problem on my machine, then I did something that caused it to work, and even though I did not complete the installation, everything seems to work on my machine even though I have an even older version installed.

Possible other issues: 1) I tried adding the update service to the application last week... 2) problem seems to be in the setup.exe wrapper rather than the msi inside of it. I am not an expert on the difference between the setup.exe and the msi (but am becoming one).

Thanks!

What are the version numbers. I guess it could get confused (not checked the exact text so not 100% sure) if you updated the version number only in the last element and disabled minor upgrades (or updated the product code, I suppose)

For some reason, I do not think it is even looking at the version n number - the setup.exe seems to think IT is already installed. It makes no reference to the product name.

Anyway, I changed the last digit earlier. I am going to try changing more than that this time. I will post shortly. Luckily, I am having this problem on a machine in my office and not a user.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast