Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error 1628!

R-Byter Guest

Error 1628!

Please help me! I am a newbie for making installations in installshield. I tried to make simple installation with windows installer but it pops me an error:

Error 1628 - Failed to complete installation!

I have searched over the net for hours and hours and couldnt solve my problem. I followed simple procedure: name and company, added files and folders... When I make release it says that that I dont have any errors and everything is all right, but when i start the installation it informs me about that error. Installation pass well through fisrt steps likie configuring windows installer etc, name and organization, typical instalation and when installation is about to begin, error apear?
    What could be the problem? If I asked something that is well known please forgive me. Like I said I am newbie for installshield.
    Thanx in advance!

Hi,

This KB article has some troubleshooting tips for -1628.

Rich

R-Byter Guest
    Greetings RichAquino!

I tried all of the possible reasons and none of them seems to be working. I could only post my log file and hope that You will see possible mistake. Dozens of tries for me and nothing. Just to say that before that project I make successfully universal project(with jar archives), but when I tried with so common variant of installation(MSI) I failed.

Looking forward to see Your reply
    Thanx in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

R-Byter Guest
    Just tried with 15 files approximately in some test installation and that worked. In my project that didnt worked is more then 7000 files. Are there any limits to number of files?

Thanx in advance!

Hi,

Unless there's one imposed by MSI that I do not know of, there is not a limit to the number of files that your project can contain.

My guess is that something may be going wrong with a file self registering. You could use a process of elimination to determine if that's true.

You may want to try using your script in that simple 15-file setup just to eliminate it as a potential culprit.

Rich

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast